An Outdoor Adventure Lab Webisode
The resilience and ingenuity of the outdoor community never cease to amaze me. With 2020 trade shows canceled due to COVID and group gatherings limited, virtual panels like this one have become a great way to connect and collaborate with other outdoor industry pros.
In this second episode of the Outdoor Adventure Lab’s small business series, I had the pleasure of joining Chris Pew, founder of TREW Gear and Justin Anderson, Creative Producer at CedarNine Productions to talk about the state of digital marketing in the outdoor industry. The topics covered include:
- The evolution of direct to consumer business models
- Taking the first steps towards running eCommerce
- What it means for content to be authentic and why it’s so critical
- New and emerging tools for brand storytelling
- Developing compelling content on a budget
- Promoting diversity and inclusion in brand communication
- The role that earned media plays for upstart brands
- The impact of COVID on the outdoor industry
Big thanks to Marshall, Liz, and Zan from Adventure Mates as well as The Mountain Shop for joining forces to make this happen! If you have any follow-up questions about the topics we discussed, or if you’d like to speak with a digital marketing expert about growing your eCommerce business, drop us a line!