Join Our Team
Performance Marketing Manager – Social Media
Foghorn Labs is a rapidly growing online marketing consultancy focused on developing outstanding integrated marketing campaigns for outdoor and active lifestyle brands. Our passion for the outdoors extends beyond the office walls; we use our client’s products on a daily basis to enhance the activities we love.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated team player to support our content development and account management efforts. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of managing profitable and innovative paid social campaigns, a clear understanding of how content can be used to fuel eCommerce growth, strong data analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication, a thirst for professional development and a passion for outdoor adventures, no matter how simple or extreme.
As Performance Marketing Manager, you will work alongside the senior management team to develop, optimize and manage social media and content marketing campaigns that integrate with the client’s PPC and SEO efforts. This role will also be responsible for cultivating a team of social media, email marketing and content strategy experts who will help shape the marketing strategies for leading brands in the outdoor and active lifestyle space.
- Support new business development efforts, outlining specific social media and content opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for growth and help clients reach their evolving goals.
- Maintain a current understanding of content marketing trends and best practices, including social media, email marketing and content strategy.
- Project manage new campaign build outs according to the statement of work in addition to priority setting of ongoing tasks and responsibilities for content marketing campaigns.
- Manage Foghorn’s pool of talented independent contractors for specialty writing, and graphic design projects to enhance content marketing campaigns.
- Run regular clients meetings summarizing KPI changes, industry trends, recommendations and the evolution of our campaign strategy.
- Organize and maintain a calendar of holidays, events, sales, promotions, new product launches and meetings that are relevant to our clients.
- Communicate with clients for approvals, revisions, reporting and ensure project deadlines are met.
- Lead monthly reporting efforts as they relate to paid social and content marketing.
- Contribute periodically to Foghorn’s social media channels.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in business (marketing, economics, management, finance, entrepreneurship), language arts (English, creative writing) or sociology. BA/BS requirement waived for candidates with equivalent practical experience.
- 3 or more years of experience in online media, marketing analytics or eCommerce.
- 2 or more years of experience managing eCommerce-based paid social media, email, or content campaigns.
- NOTE: Internships and side gigs are fantastic, but they don’t count towards either of the minimum qualifications above. Recent graduates are encouraged to consider our intership opportunities.
- Facebook Blueprint certification and fluency with Facebook Ads Manager.
- Ability to recognize trends and anomalies within large amounts of data.
- Highly organized with attention to detail in a project management capacity.
- Proven ability to write in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Ability to adapt quickly, think strategically and seek solutions to the unfamiliar.
- Proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets, PowerPoint and/or Keynote a plus.
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing and being outside.
- Plays well with others.
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following CMS systems: WordPress, Shopify, BigCommerce or Magento.
- Familiarity running reports in Google Analytics or Omniture (Adobe) as well as Sprout, Hootsuite or a similar social media management tool.
- First-hand experience with our client’s products or services.
- 2 or more years of client service experience in a corporate or retail setting.
This is a full-time position that involves a flexible combination of remote and in-office work. Career advancement as well as equity may be available to those who demonstrate strong performance. The ideal candidate lives in the Portland, OR metro area and is able to work from our NW Portland office at least 30hrs/week. The remaining 10hrs/week of work may be completed remotely. Relocation will not be offered.
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative and unique work environment.
- Interact with exciting, cutting-edge outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
- Opportunities for professional growth within a profitable, young company.
- Develop a wide range highly marketable skills within a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Connect with a deep digital marketing and outdoor industry network.
- Health care and gym membership stipends.
- Access to awesome client gear, including e-bikes!
- Pro-deals galore.
How to Apply
Send a brief email cover letter highlighting why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unsolicited emails and requests for remote work will get Rick Rolled.