Join Our Team
Digital Marketing Associate
Foghorn Labs is a rapidly growing online marketing consultancy focused on developing outstanding integrated marketing campaigns for outdoor and active lifestyle brands. Our focus on the outdoors extends beyond the office walls; we use our client’s products on a daily basis to enhance the activities we love.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated team player to support our account management and development efforts. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of the digital marketing landscape, strong data analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication, is highly organized, has a thirst for professional development and a passion for outdoor adventures, no matter how simple or extreme.
As a Digital Marketing Associate, you will work alongside the PPC, SEO and Content Marketing business unit leads to develop, optimize and manage integrated online marketing campaigns.
- Support ongoing management of clients’ PPC campaigns including but not limited to: writing ad copy, posting image ads, setting up A/B tests, bid optimization, budget management, targeting, reporting and tracking.
- Monitor performance of advertising campaigns across major search networks including Google and Bing as well as social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
- Perform keyword research, competitive analysis and write copy for both PPC and SEO campaigns.
- Build proficiency in new and emerging online platforms as client needs evolve.
- Project manage tasks, deadlines and progress of new project implementations according to statements of work.
- Prioritize assignments via internal task tracking tool based on complexity and urgency. Identify important tasks and assign them to relevant team members.
- Periodically review accuracy and relevance of internal and external client resources, dashboards and reports, updating information as needed.
- Maintain an accurate calendar of major client events, such as sales, promotions, new product launches and meetings.
- Implement campaign optimizations and quantify impact through reporting tools.
- Assist Data Analyst team with ad-hoc and monthly reports, incorporating executive-level, task/impact summaries.
- Support ongoing management of social media advertising campaigns leveraging an evolving set of best practices.
- Maintain a current understanding of digital marketing trends and keep up-to-date on outdoor industry media.
- Ensure all clients are aware of platform updates and best practices, escalating issues as they arise.
- Interact with clients as needed for approvals, revisions, reporting and ensure project deadlines are met.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in business (marketing, economics, management, finance, entrepreneurship), language arts (English, creative writing) or sociology. BA/BS requirement waived for candidates with equivalent practical experience.
- 2 or more years of experience in online media, performance marketing or eCommerce.
- 1 or more years of experience in a client service capacity.
- Ability to recognize trends and anomalies within large amounts of data.
- Highly organized with attention to detail in a project management capacity.
- Proven ability to write in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Ability to adapt quickly, think strategically and seek solutions to the unfamiliar.
- Proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets.
- Familiarity with Google AdWords, Bing Ads or Facebook Ads. Experience running PPC or social media campaigns a plus.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and working knowledge of at least one of the following CMS systems: WordPress, Shopify, Magento, Demandware
- Experience with at least one of the following web analytics tools: SEMRush, Moz, Raven Tools, Google Analytics, KISSmetrics, Bing and Google Webmaster Tools.
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing and being outside. First-hand experience with outdoor and active lifestyle brands a plus.
- Plays well with others.
This is a full-time position with career advancement opportunities available to those who demonstrate strong performance. The ideal candidate lives in the Portland, OR metro area and is able to work from our NE Portland office. Relocation will not be offered.
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative work environment.
- Interact with exciting, cutting-edge outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
- Opportunities for professional growth within a profitable, young company.
- Develop a wide range of highly marketable skills within a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Connect with a deep digital marketing and outdoor industry network.
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits (Regence Gold)
- Access to awesome client gear like eBikes plus Pro-Deals galore!
How to Apply
Send a brief cover letter highlighting why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume to email@example.com. Unsolicited emails will get Rick Rolled.