Join Our Team
Performance Marketing Manager
Foghorn Labs is a rapidly growing online marketing consultancy focused on developing outstanding integrated marketing campaigns for outdoor and active lifestyle brands. Our focus on the outdoors extends beyond the office walls; we use our client’s products on a daily basis to enhance the activities we love.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated team player to support our account management and development efforts. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of the digital marketing landscape, strong data analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication, highly organized, a thirst for professional development and a passion for outdoor adventures, no matter how simple or extreme.
As a Performance Marketing Manager, you will work alongside the management team to develop, optimize and manage integrated online marketing campaigns. In this role, you will have hands-on experience throughout the entire lifecycle of our client’s digital marketing campaigns, from the planning phase through launch and ongoing optimization. Your work will have an immediate impact on Foghorn Labs’ business as well as that of leading outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
- Develop and manage campaigns across major online advertising networks including Google, Bing (Yahoo!), YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Assist with strategy and proposal creation to support new business development as well as existing brand partners.
- Manage paid media budgets, write ad copy, design A/B tests, optimize bids and targeting.
- Perform keyword research, competitive analysis and write copy for both PPC and SEO projects.
- Compose performance summaries for clients, with a focus on recognizing trends and uncovering opportunities for growth.
- Maintain a current understanding of digital marketing trends and keep up-to-date on outdoor industry media.
- Interact with clients as needed for approvals, revisions, reporting and ensure project deadlines are met.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in business (marketing, economics, management, leadership, entrepreneurship) or language arts (English, creative writing). BA/BS requirement waived for candidates with equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to recognize trends and anomalies within large amounts of data.
- Highly organized with attention to detail in a project management capacity.
- Proven ability to write in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Ability to adapt quickly, think strategically and seek solutions to the unfamiliar.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets as well as PowerPoint, Keynote or Google Slides.
- Fluency within at least one of the following web analytics tools: Google Analytics, Optmyzr, SEMRush, Moz, Raven Tools, Hotjar, KISSmetrics, Trendkite.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and familiarity with at least one of the following CMS systems: Shopify, WordPress, BigCommerce, Magento, Volusion.
- Experience with at least one of the following email marketing platforms: MailChimp, Drip, Klaviyo, ConstantContact, or Bronto.
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing and being outside.
- Plays well with others.
- 2 or more years of experience, excluding internships, in at least one of the following digital marketing focus areas:
- Paid Online Media (Paid Search, Paid Social, Display, Video, Mobile Apps)
- Email Marketing (newsletters and automated campaigns)
- Amazon Seller Central
This is a full-time position based out of Foghorn’s main office in NE Portland’s historic Alberta Arts district. Relocation will not be offered as only candidates living in the Portland metro area will be considered.
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative team environment.
- Interact with exciting, cutting-edge outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
- Opportunities for professional growth within a profitable, young company.
- Develop a wide range of highly marketable skills within a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Connect with a deep digital marketing and outdoor industry network.
- Healthcare and gym membership stipends.
- Paid time off and personal days (sick days, mental health days, powder days, swell days.)
- Flexible work schedule (powder days, swell days and mental health days) in a casual, creative work environment.
- Access to awesome client products, including e-bikes, and pro-deals galore.
How to Apply
Send a brief cover letter highlighting why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume to email@example.com. Unsolicited emails will get Rick Rolled.