Join Our Team
Paid Media Specialist
Portland or Bend, Oregon
Foghorn Labs is a digital-first marketing agency focused on developing outstanding integrated campaigns for outdoor and active lifestyle brands. Our team’s passion for the outdoors extends beyond the office walls; we use our client’s products on a daily basis to enhance the activities we love. Delivering measurable results to long-term brand partners while maintaining a healthy work-life balance is our north star. Sound like a good direction for your career?
If you are a digital marketer looking to expand your skillset while making a positive impact on a growing list of socially-responsible brands, this could be the opportunity you’ve been searching for. So, what makes a successful candidate? In short, a self-motivated team player who understands the ever-changing digital marketing landscape, but maintains a lifelong love of learning. In order to be successful at Foghorn, you’ll need to be comfortable navigating large amounts of data, managing shifting priorities, and succinctly communicating complex ideas and concepts via email, phone, video conference, and in-person (whenever that becomes a thing again). Last, but not least, it’s important that you share our love of outdoor activities, no matter how simple or extreme.
This is a unique opportunity to work with leading outdoor and active lifestyle brands, interact directly with their marketing teams, and have a measurable impact on their success. As a Paid Media Specialist, you will play an integral role in the creation, optimization and growth of our client’s online marketing campaigns.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in Paid Search, Programmatic Display, Performance Video, and Paid Social ad platforms, helping to evolve Foghorn Labs’ offerings to exceed client expectations. Keep up to date on digital marketing trends and industry news related to key clients.
- Support Account Managers to ensure that clients are aware of important platform updates and relevant best practices, escalating issues as they arise.
- Perform ongoing management of clients Paid Media campaigns including but not limited to: writing copy for ads, landing pages, and emails, selecting image and ad copy combinations for A/B or multivariate tests, and optimizing bids, budgets, and targeting.
- Communicate directly with clients as needed for approvals, revisions, reporting and ensure project deadlines are met.
- Work alongside Account Managers to develop customized strategies for clients that combine industry best practices with ideas that are unique to each client’s business.
- Work alongside Account Managers and department heads to manage projects and tasks to completion in a timely manner according to statements of work.
- Prioritize assignments via Asana based on complexity and urgency. Identify important tasks and assign them to relevant team members as needed.
- Periodically review accuracy and relevance of internal and external client resources, dashboards and reports, updating information as needed.
- Ramp up new team members on paid media campaign development, strategy, best practices, and reporting for new and existing clients. Collaborate with the managers of new employees to ensure onboarding has been effective and complete.
- Assist in the development of new business pitches through competitive research, website and campaign audits, and customizable sales collateral.
- Regularly seek out areas of opportunity within client accounts, implement optimizations, and communicate summaries to the Account Manager or client.
- Contribute to case studies and thought leadership content published on Foghorn’s blog, social media channels, sales material, or trade presentations.
- Assist Data Analytics team with ad-hoc and regular reports, including industry-wide summaries to be incorporated into thought leadership content.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in business (marketing, economics, management, leadership, entrepreneurship) or language arts (English, creative writing). BA/BS requirement waived for candidates with equivalent practical experience.
- 2 or more years of experience, excluding internships, in Social Media Advertising (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, LinkedIn), Paid Search (Google, Microsoft), Programmatic Display, Performance Video (YouTube).
- Ability to recognize trends and anomalies within large amounts of data.
- Highly organized with attention to detail in a project management capacity.
- Proven ability to write and present ideas in a clear, concise, and compelling manner.
- Ability to adapt quickly, think strategically, and seek solutions to the unfamiliar.
- Proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets as well as PowerPoint, Keynote, or Google Slides.
- Fluency within at least two of the following web analytics tools: Google Analytics, Optmyzr, SEMRush, Moz, Raven Tools, Hotjar, KISSmetrics, Trendkite.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and familiarity with at least one of the following CMS systems: Shopify, WordPress, BigCommerce, Magento, Volusion.
- Experience with at least one of the following email marketing platforms: MailChimp, Drip, Klaviyo, ConstantContact, or Bronto.
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing and being outside.
- Plays well with others.
This is a full-time position based out of either Foghorn’s main office in NE Portland’s historic Alberta Arts district, or at our new Bend office located in NW Crossing. Relocation will not be offered. Due to COVID-19, this job may be performed working from home until the physical office fully reopens.
Potential promotion paths from this position include, but are not limited to:
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative, and welcoming work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance.
- Impact the success of leading, socially-conscious brands in the outdoor, active lifestyle, and health & wellness arenas.
- Develop a wide range of highly marketable skills within a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Opportunities for professional growth within a profitable, progressive company that’s 100% employee-owned.
- Connect with a deep digital marketing and outdoor industry network.
- Paid time off and personal days to take care of your physical and mental well-being.
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits (Regence Gold) in addition to 401(k) matching.
- Access to awesome client gear like eBikes plus Pro-Deals galore!
How to Apply
Send a brief cover letter highlighting why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume to email@example.com. Unsolicited emails will get Rick Rolled.
Foghorn Labs prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our team is committed to merit-based opportunities without prejudice towards anyone based on their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability.