Join Our Team
Paid Media Planner
Portland or Bend, Oregon
Foghorn Labs is a digital-first marketing agency focused on developing outstanding integrated campaigns for outdoor and active lifestyle brands. Our team’s passion for the outdoors extends beyond the office walls; we use our client’s products on a daily basis to enhance the activities we love. Delivering measurable results to long-term brand partners while maintaining a healthy work-life balance is our north star. Sound like a good direction for your career?
If you are a digital marketer looking to expand your skillset while making a positive impact on a growing list of socially-responsible brands, this could be the opportunity you’ve been searching for. So, what makes a successful candidate? In short, a self-motivated team player who understands the ever-changing digital marketing landscape, but maintains a lifelong love of learning. In order to be successful at Foghorn, you’ll need to be comfortable navigating large amounts of data, managing shifting priorities, and succinctly communicating complex ideas and concepts via email, phone, video conference, and in-person (whenever that becomes a thing again). Last, but not least, it’s important that you share our love of outdoor activities, no matter how simple or extreme.
This is a unique opportunity to work with leading outdoor and active lifestyle brands, interact directly with their marketing teams, and have a measurable impact on their success. As a Paid Media Planner, you will play an integral role in the creation, optimization and growth of our client’s online marketing campaigns.
- Support the management and ongoing optimization of integrated digital marketing campaigns across platforms including Facebook, Google, YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest, Snapchat and more. This includes, but is not limited to: developing creative, crafting ad copy, defining A/B tests, designing landing pages and email flows, adjusting targeting and bid strategies, managing budgets, forecasting spend, and tracking performance.
- Work alongside subject matter experts and senior management to continue scaling Foghorn’s emerging digital marketing offerings on paid social platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Reddit, Snapchat, and TikTok.
- Project manage tasks, deadlines, priorities, and progress of new campaign development according to statements of work, assigning tasks to team members as needed.
- Align content calendars from brand partners with campaign launch priorities and timelines, identifying opportunities and ways to support product launches and key content initiatives.
- Periodically review accuracy and relevance of internal and external client resources, automated dashboards and reports, updating information as needed.
- Implement campaign optimizations and quantify impact through reporting tools.
- Assist Data Analyst team with ongoing paid social reporting and recommendations, incorporating executive-level, change/impact summaries.
- Maintain a current understanding of digital marketing trends and evolving best practices across all channels.
- Build proficiency in new and emerging online platforms as client needs evolve.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in business (marketing, economics, management, finance, entrepreneurship), language arts (English, creative writing) or sociology. BA/BS requirement waived for candidates with equivalent practical experience.
- 2-4 or more years of experience in online media, performance marketing or eCommerce.
- 1 or more years of experience in a client service capacity.
- Ability to recognize trends and anomalies within large amounts of data.
- Highly organized with attention to detail in a project management capacity.
- Ability to write in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Adaptable, strategic thinker who enjoys finding solutions to the unfamiliar.
- Proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets.
- Familiarity with Google AdWords, Bing Ads or Facebook Ads. Experience running PPC or social media campaigns a plus.
- Working understanding of at least one of the following email marketing platforms; MailChimp, Klaviyo, Drip, Emma or Constant Contact.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and working knowledge of at least one of the following CMS systems: WordPress, Shopify, Magento, Demandware.
- Experience with at least one of the following web analytics tools: SEMRush, Moz, Raven Tools, Google Analytics, Bing and Google Webmaster Tools.
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing and being outside. First-hand experience with outdoor and active lifestyle brands a plus.
- Plays well with others.
This is a full-time position with a growing list of benefits and career advancement opportunities available to those who demonstrate strong performance. The ideal candidate lives in the Portland Metro area or Bend and thrives in a collaborative, cross-functional office environment. We have no plans to become a fully remote agency. As such, applicants who are not currently living in, or in the process of moving to Portland or Bend will not be considered. Relocation compensation will not be provided.
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative work environment.
- Interact with exciting, cutting-edge outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
- Opportunities for professional growth within a profitable, young company.
- Develop a wide range of highly marketable skills within a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Connect with a deep digital marketing and outdoor industry network.
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits (Regence Gold PPO)
- 401(k) plan with company matching contributions up to 5%
- Paid time off and personal days (e.g. sick days, mental health days, and powder days).
- Gym membership stipend.
- Access to awesome client gear like eBikes plus Pro-Deals galore!
How to Apply
Send a brief cover letter highlighting why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume to email@example.com. Unsolicited emails will get Rick Rolled. Foghorn Labs prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our team is committed to merit-based opportunities without prejudice towards anyone based on their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability.