Join Our Team
Digital Marketing Manager (CLOSED)
Foghorn Labs is an independently owned online marketing consultancy focused on developing outstanding integrated marketing campaigns for outdoor and active lifestyle brands. Our focus on the outdoors extends beyond the office walls; we use our client’s products on a daily basis to enhance the activities we love.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated team player to support our account management and development efforts. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of the digital marketing landscape, strong data analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication, highly organized, a thirst for professional development, and a passion for outdoor adventures, no matter how simple or extreme.
As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will work alongside the management team to develop, optimize, and manage integrated online marketing campaigns. In this role, you will have hands-on experience throughout the entire lifecycle of our client’s digital marketing campaigns, from the planning phase through launch and ongoing optimization. Your work will have an immediate impact on Foghorn Labs’ business as well as that of leading outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and scale among existing clients, while working with the executive team to onboard and ramp up new business.
- Fine tune the performance of online advertising campaigns across major networks like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook, and more.
- Communicate with managed clients on a regular basis for approvals, revisions, reporting and ad-hoc questions.
- Work alongside account managers and the CTO to continue scaling Foghorn’s recent digital marketing offerings including automated email and Amazon.
- Project manage tasks, deadlines, and progress of new campaign development according to statements of work.
- Prioritize and assign tasks to relevant team members based on complexity and urgency.
- Periodically review the accuracy and relevance of client resources, automated dashboards and reports, updating information as needed.
- Maintain an accurate calendar of major client events, such as sales, promotions, new product launches, and meetings.
- Quantify the impact of optimizations and A/B tests through reporting tools.
- Oversee monthly reporting and quarterly business reviews for managed clients, focusing on executive-level impact and recommendation summaries.
- Perform keyword research, competitive analysis and write copy for paid media and SEO campaigns as needed.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of digital marketing trends and evolving best practices for across all channels.
- Ensure clients are aware of platform updates and best practices, escalating issues as they arise.
- Build proficiency in new and emerging online platforms as client needs evolve.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in business (marketing, economics, management, leadership, entrepreneurship) or language arts (English, creative writing). BA/BS requirement waived for candidates with equivalent practical experience.
- 3 or more years of experience, excluding internships, in at least one of the following digital marketing focus areas: Paid Online Media (Paid Search, Shopping, Display, Video, Mobile Apps), Social Media Advertising (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn), or Amazon Seller Central.
- Ability to recognize trends and anomalies within large amounts of data.
- Highly organized with attention to detail in a project management capacity.
- Proven ability to write in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Ability to adapt quickly, think strategically and seek solutions to the unfamiliar.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets as well as PowerPoint, Keynote or Google Slides.
- Fluency within at least one of the following web analytics tools: Google Analytics, Optmyzr, SEMRush, Moz, Raven Tools, Hotjar, KISSmetrics, Trendkite.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and familiarity with at least one of the following CMS systems: Shopify, WordPress, BigCommerce, Magento, Volusion.
- Experience with at least one of the following email marketing platforms: MailChimp, Drip, Klaviyo, ConstantContact, or Bronto.
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing and being outside.
- Plays well with others.
This is a full-time position based out of Foghorn’s main office in NE Portland’s historic Alberta Arts district. Relocation will not be offered. Due to COVID-19, this job may be performed working from home until the physical office reopens. If you don’t meet the list of qualifications above, consider applying for our Digital Marketing Coordinator opening.
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative team environment.
- Interact with exciting, cutting-edge outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
- Opportunities for professional growth within a profitable, employee-owned company.
- Develop a wide range of highly marketable skills within a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Connect with a deep digital marketing and outdoor industry network.
- Healthcare and gym membership stipends.
- Paid time off and personal days (sick days, mental health days, powder days, swell days.)
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative work environment.
- Access to awesome client products, including e-bikes, and pro-deals galore.
How to Apply
Send a brief cover letter highlighting why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unsolicited emails will get Rick Rolled.
Foghorn Labs prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our team is committed to merit-based opportunities without prejudice towards anyone based on their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
"Foghorn is our secret weapon!"
“Foghorn is our secret weapon! Thanks to their SEO knowledge, our start-up brand out ranks major competitors on important key word searches. I have complete trust in the Foghorn team. They don’t inflate metrics, which means our marketing team can accurately gauge which campaigns resonate with our community.”
Founder, Machines For Freedom
"...consistent, double-digit year over year revenue growth with a 4-6x return on paid media..."
“The team at Foghorn is simply outstanding, and has become a seamless extension of the Showers Pass eComm team. Three years ago they jump-started our eCommerce growth and continue to provide consistent, double-digit year over year revenue growth with a 4-6x return on paid media for our direct-to-consumer channel…results we would not believe if we hadn’t experienced them.”
President, Showers Pass
"...the most profitable component of our online strategy."
Former Marketing & Ecommerce Manager, Mission Workshop
"...cornerstone of Rumpl's online strategy since day 1."
“Foghorn’s work has been the cornerstone of Rumpl’s online strategy since day 1. They’ve helped grow our direct business from the ground up while being respectful of budget constraints and short timelines. A trusted partner and integral to our success online.”
"...instrumental in helping us strategize, plan, and execute campaigns..."
“Foghorn has a deep understanding of our industry and customers. Their expertise in the ever changing digital media landscape is instrumental in helping us strategize, plan, and execute campaigns across multiple vehicles.”
D2C Marketing, GU Energy
"...friendly, professional, responsive, and full of good ideas."
“Foghorn Labs has been an integral part of our online growth thanks in no small part to their deep knowledge of SEO and SEM tactics. The crew is friendly, professional, responsive, and full of good ideas.”
Founder, Trew Gear