Join Our Team
Digital Marketing Manager
Portland or Bend, Oregon // Hybrid In-Office + Remote
Foghorn Labs is a digital-first marketing agency focused on developing outstanding integrated campaigns for outdoor and active lifestyle brands. Our team’s passion for the outdoors extends beyond the office walls; we use our client’s products on a daily basis to enhance the activities we love. Delivering measurable results to long-term brand partners while maintaining a healthy work-life balance is our north star. Sound like a good direction for your career?
If you are a digital marketer looking to expand your skillset while making a positive impact on a growing list of socially-responsible brands, this could be the opportunity you’ve been searching for. So, what makes a successful candidate? In short, a self-motivated team player who understands the ever-changing digital marketing landscape, but maintains a lifelong love of learning. In order to be successful at Foghorn, you’ll need to be comfortable navigating large amounts of data, managing shifting priorities, and succinctly communicating complex ideas and concepts via email, phone, video conference, and in-person (whenever that becomes a thing again). Last, but not least, it’s important that you share our love of outdoor activities, no matter how simple or extreme.
As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will work alongside the management team to develop, optimize, and manage integrated online marketing campaigns. In this role, you will have hands-on experience throughout the entire lifecycle of our client’s digital marketing campaigns, from the planning phase through launch and ongoing optimization. Your work will have an immediate impact on Foghorn Labs’ business as well as that of leading outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
- Continue to hone expertise in client success, relationship management, and staying on top of the industry trends and sentiment. Share key learnings and recent developments with the team on a regular basis.
- Work with department leads and management to develop presentations for managed clients on a quarterly to an annual basis, with a focus on relevant news, industry trends, emerging best practices, and relevant learnings from similar clients in the same niche/industry.
- Contribute to case studies and thought leadership content published on Foghorn’s blog, social media channels, sales material, or trade presentations, particularly as they relate to managed accounts.
- Keep up to date on digital marketing trends and industry news related to key clients.
- Support the development of new business pitches through competitive research, campaign and competitor audits, and customizable sales collateral. Present opportunities and strategies directly to prospective clients as needed.
- Uncover areas of opportunity within managed accounts, share them with Management, and work together to grow monthly retainers.
- Work alongside the broader team to ensure onboarding has been effective and complete for new clients as well as scope increases for existing managed clients.
Team / Client Management
- Manage assigned client relationships with a specific focus on reaching the goals outlined in the initial statement of work.
- Run effective meetings for managed accounts. This includes owning agendas, selecting attendees, ensuring notes are taken, and following up with summaries.
- Escalate potential issues to the Head of Client Success and Management before they put the engagement or client success at risk.
- Share wins, losses, and key learnings with team members, updating documentation of processes or tasks as needed.
- Uncover areas of opportunity within the client’s Digital Marketing campaigns, and support the team’s successful implementation of related optimizations.
- Consult with the management team on the prioritization of tasks assigned to team members via Asana based on complexity, urgency, and bandwidth.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in business (marketing, economics, management, leadership, entrepreneurship) or language arts (English, creative writing). BA/BS requirement waived for candidates with equivalent practical experience.
- 4 or more years of experience, excluding internships, in at least one of the following digital marketing focus areas:
- Paid Online Media (Paid Search, Shopping, Display, Video, Mobile Apps)
- Social Media Advertising (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn)
- Amazon Seller Central
- At least one year of experience in a customer-facing role that involved customer service and/or sales. This experience does not necessarily need to come from a role in technology; It can be from a role in retail, food service, hospitality, or travel/tourism.
- Ability to recognize trends and anomalies within large amounts of data.
- Highly organized with attention to detail in a project management capacity.
- Proven ability to write in a clear, concise, and compelling manner.
- Ability to adapt quickly, think strategically, and seek solutions to the unfamiliar.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets as well as PowerPoint, Keynote, or Google Slides.
- Fluency within at least one of the following web analytics tools: Google Analytics, Optmyzr, SEMRush, Moz, Raven Tools, Hotjar, KISSmetrics, Trendkite.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following CMS systems: Shopify, WordPress, BigCommerce, Magento, Volusion.
- Experience with at least one of the following email marketing platforms: MailChimp, Drip, Klaviyo, ConstantContact, or Bronto.
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing and being outside.
- Plays well with others.
This is a full-time position based out of either Foghorn’s main office in NE Portland’s historic Alberta Arts district, or at our new Bend office located in NW Crossing. Relocation will not be offered. Due to COVID-19, this job may be performed working from home until the physical office fully reopens.
Potential promotion paths from this position include, but are not limited to:
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager
- Account Director
- Head of Operations (or other department lead)
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative, and welcoming work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance.
- Impact the success of leading, socially-conscious brands in the outdoor, active lifestyle, and health & wellness arenas.
- Develop a wide range of highly marketable skills within a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Opportunities for professional growth within a profitable, progressive company that’s 100% employee-owned.
- Connect with a deep digital marketing and outdoor industry network.
- Paid time off and personal days to take care of your physical and mental well-being. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits (Regence Gold) in addition to 401(k) matching.
- Access to awesome client gear like eBikes, SUPs, plus “pro-deals” galore!
How to Apply
Send a brief cover letter highlighting why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unsolicited emails will get Rick Rolled.
Foghorn Labs prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our team is committed to merit-based opportunities without prejudice towards anyone based on their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
"Foghorn is our secret weapon!"
“Foghorn is our secret weapon! Thanks to their SEO knowledge, our start-up brand out ranks major competitors on important key word searches. I have complete trust in the Foghorn team. They don’t inflate metrics, which means our marketing team can accurately gauge which campaigns resonate with our community.”
Founder, Machines For Freedom
"...consistent, double-digit year over year revenue growth with a 4-6x return on paid media..."
“The team at Foghorn is simply outstanding, and has become a seamless extension of the Showers Pass eComm team. Three years ago they jump-started our eCommerce growth and continue to provide consistent, double-digit year over year revenue growth with a 4-6x return on paid media for our direct-to-consumer channel…results we would not believe if we hadn’t experienced them.”
President, Showers Pass
"...the most profitable component of our online strategy."
Former Marketing & Ecommerce Manager, Mission Workshop
"...cornerstone of Rumpl's online strategy since day 1."
“Foghorn’s work has been the cornerstone of Rumpl’s online strategy since day 1. They’ve helped grow our direct business from the ground up while being respectful of budget constraints and short timelines. A trusted partner and integral to our success online.”
"...instrumental in helping us strategize, plan, and execute campaigns..."
“Foghorn has a deep understanding of our industry and customers. Their expertise in the ever changing digital media landscape is instrumental in helping us strategize, plan, and execute campaigns across multiple vehicles.”
D2C Marketing, GU Energy
"...friendly, professional, responsive, and full of good ideas."
“Foghorn Labs has been an integral part of our online growth thanks in no small part to their deep knowledge of SEO and SEM tactics. The crew is friendly, professional, responsive, and full of good ideas.”
Founder, Trew Gear