Join Our Team
Digital Marketing Internship
Portland, Oregon // Summer 2022
*Application Deadline: June 10th at 5pm PST
Foghorn Labs is an independently owned online marketing consultancy focused on developing outstanding integrated marketing campaigns for Outdoor and Active Lifestyle brands. Our focus on the outdoors extends beyond the office walls; we use our client’s products on a daily basis to enhance the activities we love.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated team player to support our account management and development efforts. The ideal candidate is actively earning or has recently completed an undergraduate degree and is looking to pursue a career in digital marketing. Success at Foghorn requires critical thinking and a self-starter attitude, excellent verbal and written communication, a lifelong love of learning, and a passion for outdoor adventures, no matter how simple or extreme.
As Digital Marketing Intern, you will work alongside Foghorn’s Account Management team to develop, optimize, and manage integrated online marketing campaigns. By the end of the internship, you will have had hands-on experience throughout the entire lifecycle of our client’s digital marketing campaigns, from the planning phase through launch and ongoing optimization. Your work will have an immediate impact on Foghorn Labs’ business as well as that of leading outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
This is a paid internship position based out of Foghorn’s main office in NE Portland’s historic Alberta Arts district. All positions at Foghorn Labs, including this internship, are Hybrid in nature. Interns are expected to work from our office two days per week with the remainder of work performed from home or remotely.
Compensation is set at $20 per hour for between 20 and 40 hours per week. This internship will last for 3 to 6 months depending on the intern’s performance and availability. Full-time employment opportunities may be available at the end of the initial internship period to those who demonstrate strong performance.
Exact scope of responsibilities will be based on intern’s skill set, but ideally include:
- Collaborate with Account Managers on the development and ongoing optimization of paid media campaigns (i.e. Google, Meta, Instagram) with the goal of improving performance and efficiency.
- Lead research project to uncover industry trends and performance benchmarks related to PPC, SEO, and eCommerce.
- Assist with management of clients PPC campaigns including but not limited to: editing ad copy, posting image ads, reporting and tracking on an as-needed basis.
- Perform keyword research and competitive analysis for both PPC and SEO projects.
- Interact with clients as needed for approvals, revisions, reporting and ensure project deadlines are met.
- At least 75% progress towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in marketing, communications, business, entrepreneurship, data science, or sociology. Degree requirement waived for candidates with equivalent practical experience.
- Willingness to pass ad platform certification exams with the help of the Foghorn Labs during the internship period.
- Ability to recognize trends and anomalies within large amounts of data.
- Ability to adapt quickly, think strategically and seek solutions to the unfamiliar.
- Familiarity with leading ad platforms, CMS systems, HTML, and web analytics tools a plus.
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing and being outside.
- Plays well with others.
For strong performers, potential promotion paths from this position include, but are not limited to:
- Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Paid Media Specialist
- SEO Specialist
- Data Analytics Specialist
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative, and welcoming work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance.
- Impact the success of leading, socially-conscious brands in the outdoor, active lifestyle, and health & wellness arenas.
- Develop a wide range of highly marketable skills within a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Opportunities for professional growth within a profitable, progressive company that’s 100% employee-owned.
- Connect with a deep digital marketing and outdoor industry network.
- Access to awesome client gear like eBikes plus Pro-Deals galore!
How to Apply
Send a brief cover letter highlighting why you would be a great fit for this internship opportunity along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unsolicited emails will get Rick Rolled.
Foghorn Labs prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our team is committed to merit-based opportunities without prejudice towards anyone based on their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.