Join Our Team
Digital Marketing Intern (CLOSED)
Portland, Oregon // Summer 2019
Foghorn Labs is a rapidly growing online marketing consultancy focused on developing outstanding integrated marketing campaigns for outdoor and active lifestyle brands. Our focus on the outdoors extends beyond the office walls; we use our clients’ products on a daily basis to enhance the activities we love.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated team player to support our account management and reporting platform development efforts. The ideal candidate has a base understanding of the digital marketing landscape, strong data analysis skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. Candidate should also have a thirst for professional development and a passion for outdoor adventures, no matter how simple or extreme.
As a Digital Marketing Intern, you will work alongside our Account Managers and Data Analysts to analyze large data sets, track the progress of campaigns, generate reports, and assist with the fulfillment and execution of integrated marketing campaigns across organic, paid, and email channels. By the end of the internship, you will have hands-on experience throughout the entire lifecycle of a digital marketing campaign, from the planning phase through launch and ongoing optimization. Your work will have an immediate impact on Foghorn Labs’ business as well as that of leading outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
The exact scope of responsibilities will be based on the intern’s skill set, but may include:
- Work with account management team to develop, implement and evaluate client feedback surveys.
- Perform industry research on competitor brands for current and prospective clients.
- Ensure data accuracy through quality assurance for client dashboards and reports.
- Uncover industry trends and performance benchmarks related to PPC, SEO, and Ecommerce.
- Assist in auditing websites and providing on-site improvement recommendations according to SEO, SEM, and UX best practices.
- Optimize title tags, meta descriptions, and on-page copy based on keyword opportunities and client goals.
- Write ad copy with A/B test variations.
- Assist in the research, setup, and ongoing optimization of Google, Bing, Facebook, and Amazon advertising campaigns.
- Develop custom reporting in Google Data Studios based on evolving client needs.
- Monitor KPIs for key accounts and summarize findings to the management team.
- Recent completion of a Bachelors or Masters degree in business (marketing, economics, management, finance, entrepreneurship), language arts (English, creative writing), sociology, or computer science.
- Ability to recognize trends and anomalies within large amounts of data.
- Ability to adapt quickly, think strategically and seek solutions to the unfamiliar.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Experience with at least one of the following web analytics tools: Google Analytics, SEMRush, Moz, KISSmetrics, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Bing or Google Search Console.
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing and outdoor activities.
- Plays well with others.
- Familiarity with Google Ads, Google Ads Editor, Bing Ads Editor, Amazon Seller Central, or Facebook Ads.
- Experience with at least one of the following CMS systems: Shopify, WordPress, BigCommerce, Volusion or Magento.
- Familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, or Canva.
- Basic knowledge of MailChimp or alternative tools for email marketing.
This is a paid, contract position starting June 2019 and is intended for a recent or soon-to-be college graduate. Time commitment will be at least 20 hours, but no more than 40 hours, per work week.
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative work environment.
- Interact with exciting, cutting-edge outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
- Opportunities for professional growth within a profitable, young company.
- Develop a wide range of highly marketable skills within a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Connect with a deep digital marketing and outdoor industry network.
- Access to awesome client gear, including e-bikes!
- Pro-deals galore.
How to Apply
Send a brief email cover letter highlighting why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume to email@example.com. Unsolicited emails and recruiters will get Rick Rolled.