Join Our Team
Digital Marketing Intern
Portland, Oregon // Fall / Winter 2017
Foghorn Labs is a rapidly growing online marketing consultancy focused on developing outstanding integrated marketing campaigns for outdoor and active lifestyle brands. Our focus on the outdoors extends beyond the office walls; we use our client’s products on a daily basis to enhance the activities we love.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated team player to support our account management and reporting platform development efforts. The ideal candidate has a base understanding of the digital marketing landscape, strong data analysis skills and proficiency with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. Candidate should also have a thirst for professional development and a passion for outdoor adventures, no matter how simple or extreme.
As a Digital Marketing Intern, you will work alongside our Account Managers and Data Analysts to analyze large data sets, track the progress of campaigns and generate reports. By the end of the internship, you will have hands on experience throughout the entire lifecycle of a digital marketing campaign, from the planning phase through launch and ongoing optimization. Your work will have an immediate impact on Foghorn Labs’ business as well as that of leading outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
Exact scope of responsibilities will be based on intern’s skill set, but may include:
- Work with account management team to develop, implement and evaluate client feedback surveys.
- Perform industry research on competitor brands for current and prospective clients.
- Ensure data accuracy through quality assurance for client dashboards and reports.
- Uncover industry trends and performance benchmarks related to PPC, SEO and Ecommerce.
- Develop custom reporting in Tableau based on evolving client needs.
- Monitor KPIs for key accounts and summarize findings to management team.
- At least 75% progress towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in business (marketing, economics, management, finance, entrepreneurship), language arts (English, creative writing) or sociology.
- Ability to recognize trends and anomalies within large amounts of data.
- Ability to adapt quickly, think strategically and seek solutions to the unfamiliar.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Familiarity with Google AdWords. AdWords Editor or Bing Ads Editor a plus.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and familiarity with at least one of the following CMS systems: WordPress, WooCommerce, Shopify or Magento.
- Experience with at least one of the following web analytics tools: Moz, Raven Tools, Google Analytics, KISSmetrics, SEMRush, Alexa, Bing or Google Webmaster Tools.
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing and being outside.
- Plays well with others.
This is a 2 to 6 month contract position starting in early November intended for a recent or soon-to-be college graduate. This position is a part time, paid position for 10 to 20 hours per week.
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative work environment.
- Interact with exciting, cutting-edge outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
- Opportunities for professional growth within a profitable, young company.
- Develop a wide range highly marketable skills within a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Connect with a deep digital marketing and outdoor industry network.
- Pro-deals galore.
How to Apply
Send a brief cover letter highlighting why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume to email@example.com. Unsolicited emails will get Rick Rolled.