Join Our Team
Digital Marketing Coordinator
Foghorn Labs is a digital-first marketing agency focused on developing outstanding integrated campaigns for outdoor and active lifestyle brands. Our team’s passion for the outdoors extends beyond the office walls; we use our client’s products on a daily basis to enhance the activities we love. Delivering measurable results to long-term brand partners while maintaining a healthy work-life balance is our north star. Sound like a good direction for your career?
If you are a digital marketer looking to expand your skillset while making a positive impact on a growing list of socially-responsible brands, this could be the opportunity you’ve been searching for. So, what makes a successful candidate? In short, a self-motivated team player who understands the ever-changing digital marketing landscape, but maintains a lifelong love of learning. In order to be successful at Foghorn, you’ll need to be comfortable navigating large amounts of data, managing shifting priorities, and succinctly communicating complex ideas and concepts via email, phone, video conference, and in-person (whenever that becomes a thing again). Last, but not least, it’s important that you share our love of outdoor activities, no matter how simple or extreme.
As the Digital Marketing Coordinator, you will work alongside the Paid Social, SEO, and Email Marketing business unit leads throughout the entire lifecycle of our client’s digital marketing campaigns, from the planning phase through launch and ongoing optimization. Your work will have a direct impact on Foghorn Labs’ business as well as our growing list of awesome brand partners.
This is a full-time position with a growing list of benefits and career advancement opportunities available to those who demonstrate strong performance. The ideal candidate lives in the Portland Metro area and thrives in a collaborative, cross-functional office environment. We have no plans to become a fully remote agency. As such, applicants who are not currently living in, or in the process of moving to Portland will not be considered. Relocation compensation will not be provided.
- Support ongoing management of clients’ PPC campaigns including but not limited to: writing ad copy, posting image ads, setting up A/B tests, bid optimization, budget management, targeting, reporting and tracking.
- Track advertising campaigns across major search networks including Google, Yahoo! and Bing as well as social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Project manage tasks, deadlines and progress of new client implementation setups according to statement of work.
- Monitor and manage status and priority setting of monthly client tasks and responsibilities.
- Quality assurance of internal and external client resources, dashboards and reporting.
- Ensure all clients are up-to-date with evolving best practices.
- Organize and maintain a calendar of major client events, such as sales, promotions, new product launches and meetings.
- Learn to perform account audits, implement SEO and PPC campaign optimizations and quantify impact through a variety of reporting tools.
- Support ongoing management of social media advertising campaigns leveraging an evolving set of best practices.
- Perform keyword research, competitive analysis and write copy for both PPC and SEO projects.
- Maintain a current understanding of digital marketing trends and keep up-to-date on outdoor industry media.
- Interact with clients as needed for approvals, revisions, reporting and ensure project deadlines are met.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in business (marketing, economics, management, finance, entrepreneurship), language arts (English, creative writing) or sociology. BA/BS requirement waived for candidates with equivalent practical experience.
- 1 or more years of experience in online media, marketing analytics or eCommerce.
- Ability to recognize trends and anomalies within large amounts of data.
- Highly organized with attention to detail in a project management capacity.
- Proven ability to write in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Ability to adapt quickly, think strategically and seek solutions to the unfamiliar.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets, PowerPoint and/or Keynote a plus.
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing and being outside.
- Plays well with others.
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following CMS systems: Shopify, Magento, Demandware, WordPress, BigCommerce or Volusion.
- Familiarity running reports in at least one of the following web analytics tools: SEM Rush, Google Analytics, Optmyzr, Bing and Google Webmaster Tools.
- First-hand experience with outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
- Experience running paid or organic social media campaigns.
- 2 years of client service experience.
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative, and welcoming work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance.
- Impact the success of leading, socially-conscious brands in the outdoor, active lifestyle, and health & wellness arenas.
- Opportunities for professional growth within a profitable, employee-owned company.
- Develop a wide range of highly marketable skills within a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Connect with a deep digital marketing and outdoor industry network.
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits (Regence Gold).
- 401(k) plan with company matching contributions up to 5%.
- Paid time off and personal days (e.g. sick days, mental health days, and powder days).
- Gym membership stipend.
- Access to awesome client products, including e-bikes, and pro-deals galore!
How to Apply
Send a brief email or cover letter highlighting why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unsolicited emails will get Rick Rolled. Foghorn Labs prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our team is committed to merit-based opportunities without prejudice towards anyone based on their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability.
"Foghorn is our secret weapon!"
“Foghorn is our secret weapon! Thanks to their SEO knowledge, our start-up brand out ranks major competitors on important key word searches. I have complete trust in the Foghorn team. They don’t inflate metrics, which means our marketing team can accurately gauge which campaigns resonate with our community.”
Founder, Machines For Freedom
"...consistent, double-digit year over year revenue growth with a 4-6x return on paid media..."
“The team at Foghorn is simply outstanding, and has become a seamless extension of the Showers Pass eComm team. Three years ago they jump-started our eCommerce growth and continue to provide consistent, double-digit year over year revenue growth with a 4-6x return on paid media for our direct-to-consumer channel…results we would not believe if we hadn’t experienced them.”
President, Showers Pass
"...the most profitable component of our online strategy."
Former Marketing & Ecommerce Manager, Mission Workshop
"...cornerstone of Rumpl's online strategy since day 1."
“Foghorn’s work has been the cornerstone of Rumpl’s online strategy since day 1. They’ve helped grow our direct business from the ground up while being respectful of budget constraints and short timelines. A trusted partner and integral to our success online.”
"...instrumental in helping us strategize, plan, and execute campaigns..."
“Foghorn has a deep understanding of our industry and customers. Their expertise in the ever changing digital media landscape is instrumental in helping us strategize, plan, and execute campaigns across multiple vehicles.”
D2C Marketing, GU Energy
"...friendly, professional, responsive, and full of good ideas."
“Foghorn Labs has been an integral part of our online growth thanks in no small part to their deep knowledge of SEO and SEM tactics. The crew is friendly, professional, responsive, and full of good ideas.”
Founder, Trew Gear