Join Our Team
Digital Marketing Associate
Portland, Oregon (Temporarily Remote)
Foghorn Labs is a digital-first marketing agency focused on developing outstanding integrated campaigns for outdoor and active lifestyle brands. Our team’s passion for the outdoors extends beyond the office walls; we use our client’s products on a daily basis to enhance the activities we love. Delivering measurable results to long-term brand partners while maintaining a healthy work-life balance is our north star. Sound like a good direction for your career?
If you are a digital marketer looking to expand your skillset while making a positive impact on a growing list of socially-responsible brands, this could be the opportunity you’ve been searching for. So, what makes a successful candidate? In short, a self-motivated team player who understands the ever-changing digital marketing landscape, but maintains a lifelong love of learning. In order to be successful at Foghorn, you’ll need to be comfortable navigating large amounts of data, managing shifting priorities, and succinctly communicating complex ideas and concepts via email, phone, video conference, and in-person (whenever that becomes a thing again). Last, but not least, it’s important that you share our love of outdoor activities, no matter how simple or extreme.
As a Digital Marketing Associate, you will work alongside the PPC, SEO and Content Marketing business unit leads throughout the entire lifecycle of our client’s digital marketing campaigns, from the planning phase through launch and ongoing optimization. Your work will have a direct impact on Foghorn Labs’ business as well as our growing list of awesome brand partners.
This is a full-time position with a growing list of benefits and career advancement opportunities available to those who demonstrate strong performance. This position will start out as fully remote until our offices reopen and we return to our flexible work policy, at which point the expectation is that this person will be present in our NE Portland office at least 2-3 days per week. The ideal candidate lives in the Portland Metro area and thrives in a collaborative, cross-functional office environment. We have no plans to become a fully remote agency. As such, applicants who are not currently living in, or in the process of moving to Portland will not be considered. Relocation compensation will not be provided.
- Optimize the performance of online advertising campaigns across major networks like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook, and more. This includes, but is not limited to: writing ad copy, posting image ads, setting up A/B tests, adjusting targeting and bid strategies, managing budgets, forecasting spend, and tracking performance.
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis for approvals, revisions, reporting and to answer questions. Ensure clients are aware of platform updates and best practices, escalating issues as they arise.
- Work alongside senior management to continue scaling Foghorn’s emerging digital marketing offerings including automated email and Amazon Seller Central.
- Project manage tasks, deadlines and progress of new campaign development according to statements of work.
- Prioritize assignments via an internal project management tool based on complexity and urgency. Identify important tasks and assign them to relevant team members.
- Periodically review accuracy and relevance of internal and external client resources, automated dashboards and reports, updating information as needed.
- Maintain an accurate calendar of major client events, such as sales, promotions, new product launches and meetings.
- Implement campaign optimizations and quantify impact through reporting tools.
- Assist Data Analyst team with ad-hoc and monthly reports, incorporating executive-level, task/impact summaries.
- Perform keyword research, competitive analysis and write copy for both PPC and SEO campaigns.
- Maintain a current understanding of digital marketing trends and evolving best practices across all channels.
- Build proficiency in new and emerging online platforms as client needs evolve.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in business (marketing, economics, management, finance, entrepreneurship), language arts (English, creative writing) or sociology. BA/BS requirement waived for candidates with equivalent practical experience.
- 2 or more years of experience in online media, performance marketing or eCommerce.
- 1 or more years of experience in a client service capacity.
- Ability to recognize trends and anomalies within large amounts of data.
- Highly organized with attention to detail in a project management capacity.
- Proven ability to write in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Ability to adapt quickly, think strategically and seek solutions to the unfamiliar.
- Proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets.
- Familiarity with Google AdWords, Bing Ads or Facebook Ads. Experience running PPC or social media campaigns a plus.
- Working understanding of at least one of the following email marketing platforms; Klaviyo, MailChimp, Drip, Emma or Constant Contact.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and working knowledge of at least one of the following CMS systems: Shopify, WordPress, Magento, Demandware.
- Experience with at least one of the following web analytics tools: SEMRush, Moz, Raven Tools, Google Analytics, KISSmetrics, Bing and Google Webmaster Tools.
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing and being outside. First-hand experience with outdoor and active lifestyle brands a plus.
- Plays well with others!
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative, and welcoming work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance.
- Impact the success of leading, socially-conscious brands in the outdoor, active lifestyle, and health & wellness arenas.
- Opportunities for professional growth within a profitable, employee-owned company.
- Develop a wide range of highly marketable skills within a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Connect with a deep digital marketing and outdoor industry network.
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits (Regence Gold)
- Paid time off and personal days (e.g. sick days, mental health days, and powder days)
- Gym membership stipend.
- 401k currently in the works in 2021.
- Access to awesome client products, including e-bikes, and pro-deals galore!
How to Apply
Send a brief cover letter highlighting why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume to email@example.com. Unsolicited emails will get Rick Rolled.
Foghorn Labs prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our team is committed to merit-based opportunities without prejudice towards anyone based on their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability.
"...their knowledge and approach to digital advertising has helped us realize incredible growth..."
"The team at Foghorn is truly part of our family at Burley. Providing industry leading insights and perspectives, their knowledge and approach to digital advertising has helped us realize incredible growth in our first year working with them. Fun to work with, this dialed team challenges us in new ways and has really helped drive our brand presence forward. Bringing them onboard was one of the best Marketing decisions we’ve made."
Marketing Manager, Burley
"Foghorn is our secret weapon!"
"Foghorn is our secret weapon! Thanks to their SEO knowledge, our start-up brand out ranks major competitors on important key word searches. I have complete trust in the Foghorn team. They don't inflate metrics, which means our marketing team can accurately gauge which campaigns resonate with our community."
Founder, Machines For Freedom
"...consistent, double-digit year over year revenue growth with a 4-6x return on paid media..."
"The team at Foghorn is simply outstanding, and has become a seamless extension of the Showers Pass eComm team. Three years ago they jump-started our eCommerce growth and continue to provide consistent, double-digit year over year revenue growth with a 4-6x return on paid media for our direct-to-consumer channel...results we would not believe if we hadn't experienced them."
President, Showers Pass
"...the most profitable component of our online strategy."
Former Marketing & Ecommerce Manager, Mission Workshop
"...cornerstone of Rumpl's online strategy since day 1."
"Foghorn's work has been the cornerstone of Rumpl's online strategy since day 1. They've helped grow our direct business from the ground up while being respectful of budget constraints and short timelines. A trusted partner and integral to our success online."
"...instrumental in helping us strategize, plan, and execute campaigns..."
"Foghorn has a deep understanding of our industry and customers. Their expertise in the ever changing digital media landscape is instrumental in helping us strategize, plan, and execute campaigns across multiple vehicles."
D2C Marketing, GU Energy
"...friendly, professional, responsive, and full of good ideas."
"Foghorn Labs has been an integral part of our online growth thanks in no small part to their deep knowledge of SEO and SEM tactics. The crew is friendly, professional, responsive, and full of good ideas."
Founder, Trew Gear