Join Our Team
Digital Marketing Analyst
Portland or Bend, Oregon // Hybrid In-Office + Remote
Foghorn Labs is an independently owned online marketing consultancy focused on developing outstanding integrated marketing campaigns for outdoor and active lifestyle brands. Our focus on the outdoors extends beyond the office walls; we use our client’s products on a daily basis to enhance the activities we love.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated team player to support our account management and development efforts. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of the digital marketing landscape, strong data analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication, is highly organized, a thirst for professional development, and a passion for outdoor adventures, no matter how simple or extreme.
As a Digital Marketing Analyst, you will work alongside the management team to develop, optimize, and manage integrated online marketing campaigns. In this role, you will have hands-on experience throughout the entire lifecycle of our client’s digital marketing campaigns, from the planning phase through launch and ongoing optimization. Your work will have an immediate impact on Foghorn Labs’ business as well as that of leading outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
This is a full-time position based out of either Foghorn’s main office in NE Portland’s historic Alberta Arts district, or at our new Bend office located in NW Crossing. Relocation will not be offered. All positions at Foghorn Labs are Hybrid in nature, with the expectation that full-time employees come into their home office as needed for meetings (1 to 3 days per week), with the remainder of work performed from home or remotely.
ANALYTICS & REPORTING
- Develop and maintain dashboards for all Foghorn Labs’ clients as well as custom reporting that provides cross-channel visibility into campaign performance. The complexity of each data visualization will reflect the intended audience, from executive level to campaign manager, and will be available both internally and externally.
- Define new goals, metrics, and attribution strategies to broaden and further improve the ability to identify campaign success, and areas for improvement, then communicate those learnings with the client.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in data analytics. Share key learnings and recent developments with the team on a regular basis.
- Uncover areas of improvement for Foghorn Labs as it relates to business intelligence, data visualization, dashboard development, attribution, and campaign management.
- Identify events or signals that reflect value for our clients and associate them with specific goals related to acquisition, retention, engagement, or monetization.
- Contribute to strategy presentations that get delivered to key clients on a quarterly to an annual basis, with a focus on relevant news, industry trends, emerging best practices, and relevant learnings from similar clients in the same niche/industry.
- Contribute to case studies and thought leadership content published on Foghorn’s blog, social media channels, sales material, or trade presentations.
- Keep up to date on digital marketing trends and industry news related to key clients.
- Support the development of new business pitches through visual reporting, competitive research, campaign and competitor audits, and customizable sales collateral. Present opportunities and strategy directly to prospective clients as needed.
- Regularly seek out areas of opportunity within managed and key accounts, implement or assign out optimizations, and communicate summaries internally or to the client.
- Work alongside Analysts, Account Managers, and other department heads to successfully onboard new clients and increase scope for existing ones according to statements of work.
- Develop unique ways to present information to client prospects that will take minimal input so we can scale out the new client pitches accordingly.
- Support Account Managers with customized data-centric acquisition, engagement, retention, and monetization strategies for clients that combine industry best practices with ideas that are unique to each client’s business.
- Uncover areas of opportunity within client’s Digital Marketing campaigns, and support the team’s successful implementation of related optimizations.
- Collaborate with the managers of new employees to ensure onboarding has been effective and complete for relevant analytics and reporting topics.
- Conduct training sessions as needed for team members who would benefit from continuing education about how to effectively communicate campaign performance.
- Ensure that new clients understand how our dashboards work, attribution models are configured, and goals are analyzed.
- Consult with the management team on the prioritization of tasks assigned to team members via Asana based on complexity, urgency, and bandwidth.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in business (marketing, economics, management, leadership, entrepreneurship), statistics, computer information systems, computer science, or similar degree. BA/BS requirement waived for candidates with equivalent practical experience.
- 5 or more years of experience, excluding internships, in digital marketing and analytics.
- 4 or more years of experience working with data visualization tools in one or more of the following, (Excel, Tableau, PowerBI, Data Studios, etc.)
- Experience with statistical analysis and tools such as NumPy, R, SAS, or equivalent.
- Ability to recognize trends and anomalies within large amounts of data.
- Highly organized with attention to detail in a project management capacity.
- Proven ability to write and present ideas in a clear, concise, and compelling manner.
- Ability to adapt quickly, think strategically, and seek solutions to the unfamiliar.
- Expertise in Excel or Google Sheets as well as PowerPoint, Keynote, or Google Slides.
- Expertise within at least 2 of the following web analytics tools: Google Analytics, Optmyzr, SEMRush, Moz, Raven Tools, Hotjar, KISSmetrics, and Trendkite.
- Expertise navigating and running reports in at least 1 of the following CMS systems: Shopify, WordPress, BigCommerce, Magento, and Volusion.
- Experience with at least one of the following email marketing platforms: MailChimp, Drip, Klaviyo, ConstantContact, or Bronto.
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing and being outside.
- Plays well with others!
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative, and welcoming work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance.
- Impact the success of leading, socially-conscious brands in the outdoor, active lifestyle, and health & wellness arenas.
- Develop a wide range of highly marketable skills within a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Opportunities for professional growth within a profitable, progressive company that’s 100% employee-owned.
- Connect with a deep digital marketing and outdoor industry network.
- Paid time off and personal days to take care of your physical and mental well-being. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits (Regence Gold) in addition to 401(k) matching.
- Access to awesome client gear like eBikes, SUPs, plus “pro-deals” galore!
How to Apply
Send a brief cover letter highlighting why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume to email@example.com. Unsolicited emails will get Rick Rolled. Foghorn Labs prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our team is committed to merit-based opportunities without prejudice towards anyone based on their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.