Join Our Team
Content Marketing Specialist
Foghorn Labs is a rapidly growing online marketing consultancy focused on developing outstanding integrated marketing campaigns for outdoor and active lifestyle brands. Our focus on the outdoors extends beyond the office walls; we use our client’s products on a daily basis to enhance the activities we love.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated team player to support our account management and development efforts. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of the digital marketing landscape, strong data analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication, highly organized, a thirst for professional development and a passion for outdoor adventures, no matter how simple or extreme.
As Content Marketing Specialist, you will work alongside the senior management team to develop, optimize and manage content marketing campaigns that integrate with client’s PPC and SEO efforts. This role will also be responsible for cultivating a team of social media, email marketing and content strategy experts who will help shape the marketing strategies for leading brands in the outdoor and active lifestyle space. Your work will have an immediate impact on Foghorn Labs’ business as well as that of leading outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
- Support new business development efforts, outlining specific social media and content opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for growth and help clients reach their evolving goals.
- Maintain a current understanding of content marketing trends and best practices, including social media, email marketing and content strategy.
- Project manage new campaign build outs according to statement of work in addition to priority setting of ongoing tasks and responsibilities for content marketing campaigns.
- Manage Foghorn’s pool of talented independent contractors for specialty writing, photography and design projects to enhance content marketing campaigns.
- Run monthly check-in performance meetings with clients on major KPIs and ongoing strategy.
- Organize and maintain a calendar of holidays, events, sales, promotions, new product launches and meetings that are relevant to our clients.
- Communicate with clients for approvals, revisions, reporting and ensure project deadlines are met.
- Lead monthly reporting efforts as they relate to email and content marketing.
- Contribute periodically to Foghorn’s social media channels.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in business (marketing, economics, management, finance, entrepreneurship), language arts (English, creative writing) or sociology. BA/BS requirement waived for candidates with equivalent practical experience.
- 3 or more years of experience in online media, marketing analytics or eCommerce.
- 1 or more years of experience managing email and/or content marketing campaigns.
- Ability to recognize trends and anomalies within large amounts of data.
- Highly organized with attention to detail in a project management capacity.
- Proven ability to write in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Ability to adapt quickly, think strategically and seek solutions to the unfamiliar.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets as well as PowerPoint, Keynote or Google Slides.
- Fluency within at least one of the following web analytics tools: Google Analytics, Optmyzr, SEMRush, Moz, Raven Tools, Hotjar, KISSmetrics, Trendkite.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and familiarity with at least one of the following CMS systems: Shopify, WordPress, BigCommerce, Magento, Volusion.
- Experience with at least one of the following email marketing platforms: MailChimp, Drip, Klaviyo, ConstantContact, or Bronto.
- Familiarity with landing pages design and mockup tools a plus.
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing and being outside.
- Plays well with others.
This is a full-time position based out of Foghorn’s main office in NE Portland’s historic Alberta Arts district. Relocation will not be offered as only candidates living in the Portland metro area will be considered.
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative team environment.
- Interact with exciting, cutting-edge outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
- Opportunities for professional growth within a profitable, young company.
- Develop a wide range of highly marketable skills within a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Connect with a deep digital marketing and outdoor industry network.
- Healthcare and gym membership stipends.
- Paid time off and personal days (sick days, mental health days, powder days, swell days).
- Flexible work schedule (powder days, swell days and mental health days) in a casual, creative work environment.
- Access to awesome client products, including e-bikes, and pro-deals galore.
How to Apply
Send a brief cover letter highlighting why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume to email@example.com. Unsolicited emails will get Rick Rolled.