Join Our Team
Digital Marketing Coordinator (Contract to Hire)
Foghorn Labs is a an independently owned online marketing consultancy focused on developing outstanding integrated marketing campaigns for outdoor and active lifestyle brands. Our focus on the outdoors extends beyond the office walls; we use our client’s products on a daily basis to enhance the activities we love.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated team player to support our account management and development efforts. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of the digital marketing landscape, strong data analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication, is highly organized, has a thirst for professional development and a passion for outdoor adventures, no matter how simple or extreme.
As a Digital Marketing Coordinator, you will work alongside the PPC, SEO and Content Marketing business unit leads to develop, optimize and manage integrated online marketing campaigns.
- Support ongoing management of organic and paid traffic acquisition campaigns on platforms like Google, Bing, Facebook, Instagram, and Amazon.
- Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to writing ad copy, creating and getting approval for ad proofs, posting campaigns, setting up A/B tests, optimizing bids, managing budgets, adjusting ad targeting, performance tracking and reporting.
- Perform keyword research, competitive analysis and write copy for both PPC and SEO campaigns with direction from business unit leads.
- Monitor performance of advertising campaigns across major search networks including Google and Bing as well as social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
- Build proficiency in new and emerging online platforms as client needs evolve.
- Collaborate with team members to develop visual landing page recommendations to enhance SEO and PPC campaign performance.
- Support the development and execution of email marketing campaigns.
- Support completion of new project implementations according to statements of work.
- Prioritize assignments via internal task tracking tool based on complexity and urgency.
- Monitor a shared calendar of major client events, such as sales, promotions, new product launches and meetings to help ensure deadlines are met.
- Implement campaign optimizations and quantify impact through reporting tools.
- Assist Data Analyst team with ad-hoc and monthly reports.
- Support ongoing SEO engagements through monitoring Google Search Console, adding 404 redirects, running site speed tests, disavowing toxic domains, and ensuring that clients adhere to an evolving set of best practices.
- Support ongoing management of social media advertising campaigns leveraging an evolving set of best practices.
- Maintain a current understanding of digital marketing trends and keep up-to-date on outdoor industry media.
- Help account managers ensure clients are aware of platform updates and best practices, escalating issues as they arise.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in business (marketing, economics, management, finance, entrepreneurship), language arts (English, creative writing) or sociology. BA/BS requirement waived for candidates with equivalent practical experience.
- 1 or more years of experience in a client service capacity.
- Ability to recognize trends and anomalies within large amounts of data.
- Highly organized with attention to detail in a project management capacity.
- Proven ability to write in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Ability to adapt quickly, think strategically and seek solutions to the unfamiliar.
- Proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets as well as Photoshop or GIMP. Illustrator, Premier or Final Cut Pro a plus.
- Familiarity with Google ads, Bing Ads or Facebook Ads. Experience running PPC, social media or email campaigns a plus.
- Working understanding of at least one of the following email marketing platforms; MailChimp, Klaviyo, Drip, Emma or Constant Contact.
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing and being outside. First-hand experience with outdoor and active lifestyle brands a plus.
- Plays well with others.
This is a full-time position with career advancement opportunities available to those who demonstrate strong performance. The ideal candidate lives in the Portland, OR metro area and is able to work from our NE Portland office. Relocation will not be offered. Due to COVID-19, this job may be performed working from home until the physical office reopens.
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative team environment.
- Interact with exciting, cutting-edge outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
- Opportunities for professional growth within a profitable, employee-owned company.
- Develop a wide range of highly marketable skills within a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Connect with a deep digital marketing and outdoor industry network.
- Healthcare and gym membership stipends. (For Full Time Employee)
- Paid time off and personal days (sick days, mental health days, powder days, swell days.)
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative work environment.
- Access to awesome client products, including e-bikes, and pro-deals galore.
How to Apply
Send a brief cover letter highlighting why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unsolicited emails will get Rick Rolled.
Foghorn Labs prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our team is committed to merit based opportunities without prejudice towards anyone based on their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
"Foghorn is our secret weapon!"
“Foghorn is our secret weapon! Thanks to their SEO knowledge, our start-up brand out ranks major competitors on important key word searches. I have complete trust in the Foghorn team. They don’t inflate metrics, which means our marketing team can accurately gauge which campaigns resonate with our community.”
Founder, Machines For Freedom
"...consistent, double-digit year over year revenue growth with a 4-6x return on paid media..."
“The team at Foghorn is simply outstanding, and has become a seamless extension of the Showers Pass eComm team. Three years ago they jump-started our eCommerce growth and continue to provide consistent, double-digit year over year revenue growth with a 4-6x return on paid media for our direct-to-consumer channel…results we would not believe if we hadn’t experienced them.”
President, Showers Pass
"...the most profitable component of our online strategy."
Former Marketing & Ecommerce Manager, Mission Workshop
"...cornerstone of Rumpl's online strategy since day 1."
“Foghorn’s work has been the cornerstone of Rumpl’s online strategy since day 1. They’ve helped grow our direct business from the ground up while being respectful of budget constraints and short timelines. A trusted partner and integral to our success online.”
"...instrumental in helping us strategize, plan, and execute campaigns..."
“Foghorn has a deep understanding of our industry and customers. Their expertise in the ever changing digital media landscape is instrumental in helping us strategize, plan, and execute campaigns across multiple vehicles.”
D2C Marketing, GU Energy
"...friendly, professional, responsive, and full of good ideas."
“Foghorn Labs has been an integral part of our online growth thanks in no small part to their deep knowledge of SEO and SEM tactics. The crew is friendly, professional, responsive, and full of good ideas.”
Founder, Trew Gear