Join Our Team
Digital Marketing Associate
Foghorn Labs is a rapidly growing online marketing consultancy focused on developing outstanding integrated marketing campaigns for outdoor and active lifestyle brands. Our focus on the outdoors extends beyond the office walls; we use our client’s products on a daily basis to enhance the activities we love.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated team player to support our account management and development efforts. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of the digital marketing landscape, strong data analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication, highly organized, a thirst for professional development and a passion for outdoor adventures, no matter how simple or extreme.
As a Digital Marketing Associate, you will work alongside the senior management team to develop, optimize and manage integrated online marketing campaigns.
- Support ongoing management of clients’ PPC campaigns including but not limited to: writing ad copy, posting image ads, setting up A/B tests, bid optimization, budget management, targeting, reporting and tracking.
- Track advertising campaigns across major search networks including Google, Yahoo! and Bing as well as social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Project manage tasks, deadlines and progress of new client implementation setups according to statement of work.
- Monitor and manage status and priority setting of monthly client tasks and responsibilities.
- Quality assurance of internal and external client resources, dashboards and reporting.
- Ensure all clients are up-to-date with evolving best practices.
- Organize and maintain a calendar of major client events, such as sales, promotions, new product launches and meetings.
- Learn to perform account audits, implement SEO and PPC campaign optimizations and quantify impact through a variety of reporting tools.
- Support ongoing management of social media advertising campaigns leveraging an evolving set of best practices.
- Perform keyword research, competitive analysis and write copy for both PPC and SEO projects.
- Maintain a current understanding of digital marketing trends and keep up-to-date on outdoor industry media.
- Interact with clients as needed for approvals, revisions, reporting and ensure project deadlines are met.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in business (marketing, economics, management, finance, entrepreneurship), language arts (English, creative writing) or sociology. BA/BS requirement waived for candidates with equivalent practical experience.
- 1 or more years of experience in online media, marketing analytics or eCommerce.
- Ability to recognize trends and anomalies within large amounts of data.
- Highly organized with attention to detail in a project management capacity.
- Proven ability to write in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Ability to adapt quickly, think strategically and seek solutions to the unfamiliar.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets, PowerPoint and/or Keynote a plus.
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing and being outside.
- Plays well with others.
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following CMS systems: WordPress, Shopify or Magento
- Familiarity running reports in at least one of the following web analytics tools: SEM Rush, Google Analytics, Optmyzr, Bing and Google Webmaster Tools.
- First-hand experience with outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
- Experience running paid or organic social media campaigns.
- 1-2 years of client service experience.
This is a full-time position that involves a flexible combination of remote and in-office work. Career advancement as well as equity may be available to those who demonstrate strong performance. The ideal candidate lives in the Portland, OR metro area and is able to work from our inner SE office at least 20hrs/week. The remaining 20hrs/week of work may be completed remotely. Relocation will not be offered.
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative and unique work environment.
- Interact with exciting, cutting-edge outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
- Opportunities for professional growth within a profitable, young company.
- Develop a wide range highly marketable skills within a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Connect with a deep digital marketing and outdoor industry network.
- Health care and gym membership stipends
- Pro-deals galore.
How to Apply