Join Our Team
Content Strategy Lead
Foghorn Labs is a rapidly growing online marketing consultancy focused on developing outstanding integrated marketing campaigns for outdoor and active lifestyle brands. Our passion on the outdoors extends beyond the office walls; we use our client’s products on a daily basis to enhance the activities we love.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated team player to support our content development and account management efforts. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of the digital marketing landscape, strong data analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication, a thirst for professional development and a passion for outdoor adventures, no matter how simple or extreme.
As Content Strategy Lead, you will work alongside the senior management team to develop, optimize and manage content marketing campaigns that integrate with our client’s PPC and SEO efforts. This role will be responsible for building a team of social media, email marketing and content strategy experts who will help shape the marketing strategies for leading brands in the outdoor and active lifestyle space.
- Support new business development efforts, outlining specific social media and content opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for growth and help clients reach their evolving goals.
- Maintain a current understanding of content marketing trends and best practices, including social media, email marketing and content strategy.
- Project manage new campaign build outs according to statement of work in addition to priority setting of ongoing tasks and responsibilities for content marketing campaigns.
- Source and manage Foghorn’s pool of talented independent contractors for specialty writing, photography and design projects to enhance content marketing campaigns.
- Lead monthly check-in performance meetings with clients on major KPIs and ongoing strategy.
- Organize and maintain a calendar of significant client events, such as sales, promotions, new product launches and meetings.
- Interact with clients for approvals, revisions, reporting and ensure project deadlines are met.
- Guide ongoing data visualization and reporting efforts as they relate to paid social and content marketing.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in business (marketing, economics, management, finance, entrepreneurship), language arts (English, creative writing) or sociology. BA/BS requirement waived for candidates with equivalent practical experience.
- 4 or more years of experience in online media, marketing analytics or eCommerce.
- 2 or more years of experience managing social media (paid or organic), email, or content campaigns.
- Ability to recognize trends and anomalies within large amounts of data.
- Highly organized with attention to detail in a project management capacity.
- Proven ability to write in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Ability to adapt quickly, think strategically and seek solutions to the unfamiliar.
- Proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets, PowerPoint and/or Keynote a plus.
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing and being outside.
- Plays well with others.
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following CMS systems: WordPress, Shopify or Magento.
- Familiarity running reports in at least one of the following web analytics tools: Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Facebook Power Editor, or social media monitoring tools.
- First-hand experience outdoor and active lifestyle brands on Foghorn’s list of clients.
- 3+ years of client service experience in a corporate or retail setting.
This is a full-time position that involves a flexible combination of remote and in-office work. Career advancement as well as equity may be available to those who demonstrate strong performance. The ideal candidate lives in the Portland, OR metro area and is able to work from our NW office at least 30hrs/week. The remaining 10hrs/week of work may be completed remotely. Relocation will not be offered.
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative and unique work environment.
- Interact with exciting, cutting-edge outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
- Opportunities for professional growth within a profitable, young company.
- Develop a wide range highly marketable skills within a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Connect with a deep digital marketing and outdoor industry network.
- Health care and gym membership stipends.
- Access to awesome client gear, including e-bikes!
- Pro-deals galore.
How to Apply
Send a brief email or cover letter highlighting why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unsolicited emails and requests for remote work will get Rick Rolled.