Join Our Team
Data Systems Intern
Portland, Oregon // Summer 2016
Foghorn Labs is a rapidly growing online marketing consultancy focused on developing outstanding integrated marketing campaigns for outdoor and active lifestyle brands. Our focus on the outdoors extends beyond the office walls; we use our client’s products on a daily basis to enhance the activities we love.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated team player to support our data analysis and tool development efforts. The ideal candidate has a base understanding of the digital marketing landscape, strong data analysis skills and proficiency with at least one modern scripting language. Candidate should also have a thirst for professional development and a passion for outdoor adventures, no matter how simple or extreme.
As a Data Systems Intern, you will work alongside the CTO to build productivity tools based on analysis of client data and industry trends. By the end of the internship, you will have hands on experience throughout the entire lifecycle of the project, from the planning phase through product launch. Your work will have an immediate impact on the business with high visibility to top tier clients in the outdoor and active lifestyle industries.
Exact scope of responsibilities will be based on intern’s skill set, but may include:
- Collaborate with CTO on the development of tools that will provide immediate positive impact for current and future clients.
- Work with APIs to extract historical and real time data from a variety of sources.
- Develop automation scripts to increase data reporting accuracy and eliminate mundane data entry tasks.
- Write scripts to support real time bid adjustment strategy.
- Lead research project to uncover industry trends and performance benchmarks related to PPC, SEO and Ecommerce.
- At least 75% progress towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, or business analytics. Degree requirement waived for candidates with equivalent practical experience.
- Willingness to pass a Google AdWords certification exam with the help of the Foghorn Labs team before coming on board.
- Ability to recognize trends and anomalies within large amounts of data.
- Ability to adapt quickly, think strategically and seek solutions to the unfamiliar.
- Previous experience with APIs.
- Familiarity with Google AdWords. AdWords Editor or Bing Ads Editor a plus.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and familiarity with at least one of the following CMS systems: WordPress, BigCommerce, Shopify, Magento, Volusion.
- Experience with at least one of the following web analytics tools: Moz, Raven Tools, Google Analytics, KISSmetrics, Bing and Google Webmaster Tools.
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing and being outside.
- Plays well with others.
This is a 3 month contract position starting in early June intended for a recent or soon-to-be college graduate. This position is a part time, paid position for 10 to 20 hours per week. Job may be performed remotely.
- Flexible work schedule in a casual, creative work environment.
- Interact with exciting, cutting-edge outdoor and active lifestyle brands.
- Opportunities for professional growth within a profitable, young company.
- Develop a wide range highly marketable skills within a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Connect with a deep digital marketing and outdoor industry network.
- Pro-deals galore.
How to Apply
Send a brief cover letter highlighting why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume to email@example.com. Unsolicited emails will get Rick Rolled.